Saturday, January 26, 2013

Don't feed me your lies.

Let me start this little rant by letting you know, I do not ditch people. When I say that I am going to hang out with you, I do. If you invite me somewhere and I'm not sure if I can make it, I decline your offer until I check my calendar, etc.

I am a good person.

ANYWAY, recently my friends asked me to hang out.

IT'S TRUE. She fed me her lies of hanging out, and I TOOK THEM. We were supposed to hang out at her friend's house, who I had only met once. He seemed nice enough, and they had been friends forever. LITTLE DID I KNOW, she was about to make me the most uncomfortable I'd ever been.
I texted her once I arrived at his house. I was a little late because I'm not good at following directions, and also because I was hoping she would arrive before me. I barely knew this kid, and I thought it would be a little weird if an almost stranger came to his house, alone.

She quickly texted me back.


WELL PLAYED. She'd set me up on a date. Being the socially awkward person I am, I knew this wasn't going to end well.


Needless to say I was uncomfortable. 

I've hung out with guys before, but they've always been my friends. This kid was practically a stranger. I'd known him for almost an hour before today. I wasn't prepared to be set up by my SO CALLED friend.

I decided to do what I always do in any awkward situation, and suggest we watch a movie.

This way I can stare at a glowing rectangle for 2 hours and we won't have to talk. 

Unless your this kid, of course.
and the whole time I sat there thinking to myself:


Eventually I just looked at my phone and said "OH! My mom just texted me. I need to go." even though she hadn't.

And that's why, if you're going to hang out with me, you should SHOW UP.


No comments: